Homemade Natural Citrus Vinegar Cleaner smells fabulous, cleans great and is non-toxic. With all the chemicals we surround ourselves with this DIY cleaner is a great alternative and will get your home sparkling clean!
Why make your own natural cleaning spray?
Quick & easy
Natural and safe
You will need
1. Collect your citrus peels in a glass container.
2. Pour white vinegar into the jar to cover the peels, seal jar.
3. Set jar aside for 2-3 weeks.
4. Strain the citrus peels out of the vinegar.
5. Dilute the citrus vinegar with water.
6. Pour the combination into a spray bottle for cleaning.
How to use?
You just created your own non-toxic citrus vinegar cleaning spray. Now you can clean and refresh your space. It really doesn’t “go bad” in the bottle.
You can use the citrus vinegar cleaner pure or diluted. I like to dilute 50% citrus vinegar 50% water for my spray, and about 5% citrus vinegar 90% water for floor cleaning.
However, many people find the smell of white vinegar to be far too pungent and sharp to use as a cleaner on its own.
That is where the lemon (or other citrus) come in!
By infusing white vinegar with lemon peels, this cleaning spray takes on a fresh, citrusy, enjoyable scent. Furthermore, lemon has its own formidable cleaning powers too!
Lemon is known to have natural anti-fungal, antibacterial, insecticidal, and deodorizing properties.